These are Diana Stobo’s Chocolate Chip Cookies that were served at a 2011 pre-Oscars party. They were a hit at the party and they’ll be a hit in your home. They are almost all raw and 100% delicious!
2 cups raw almond meal
1/2 cup chia seeds, ground (measure before grinding)
16 ounces of sweetened raw cacao nibs and/or dark chocolate chips
1 cup chopped raw almonds and/or raw walnuts
2 cups raw oat groats, soaked in water for 12-24 hours
2 cups coconut palm sugar
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted by placing jar in hot water
1. Mix almond meal, chia seeds, cacao nibs and nuts together and set aside.
2. Drain and rinse the oat groats and place them in a food processor with the s-blade.
3. Add the coconut sugar, spices and salt, and blend until moist and mealy.
4. Scrape down the sides and then continue processing while slowly adding melted coconut.
5. Process until creamy and smooth. Note: there will still be texture from the oats.
6. Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a thick spoon or spatula.
7. Allow this mixure to sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
8. Using a 1 1/8 inch cookie scoop, form heaping half domes of batter onto Excalibur dehydrator sheets lined with grid sheet and paraflexx sheets.
9. Dehydrate at 145 degrees for 2 hours.
10. Reduce the heat to 115 degrees and dehydrate for 6-8 hours more.
11. Gently remove cookies from paraflexx sheets and place directly onto the grid sheets.
12. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for an additional 10-12 hours.
13. Place in an airtight container in the pantry or the fridge.
14. These will keep for up to a month.
15. Makes about 50 cookies.